Mission, Vision and Values
Working with the Brazilian community in Switzerland and Swiss community in Brazil, the respective governments and other agents, companies, individuals and institutions acting in the exchange between both countries, the Brazil-Switzerland Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Service, CHamBR, has as mission:
– Promote trade and social relations between the two countries, contributing to the approximation of companies and, consequently, the bilateral trade;
– Represent and defend the common interests of its members;
– Encourage scientific, educational and sports cooperation between public and private institutions in Switzerland and Brazil.
– Provide information on the two countries and promote them as safe and advantageous countries for commercial transactions;
– Promote with the governments of both countries policies that favor trade liberalization and pro-market measures in favor of entrepreneurship and free enterprise;
– Contribute to the development of the business environment of the respective expatriate communities.
We are guided by the values of transparency, honesty, integrity, trust and cooperation, and our vision is to become an important agent, promoting greater economic, social and cultural integration, and to be a reference in exchanges, in all its forms, between Brazil and Switzerland.
The activities of a Chamber of Commerce revolve around two main axes, people and information. Therefore, CHamBR is a space where people, companies and institutions from Brazil and Switzerland can expand their networks of contacts and gain valuable knowledge about the two countries.
Among our main activities, we highlight:
– Lectures and seminars on both countries;
– Workshops with specialists from different areas;
– Events dedicated to networking;
– Business Rounds with associated companies;
– Presence in international fairs;
– Access to our database;
– Consultancy and studies for new or existing businesses;
– Sectoral councils on the main economic segments.
LETTER FROM OUR CHAIRMAN
On July 20, 2017, we signed the Articles of Association and the Constituent General Assembly minutes of the Brazil-Switzerland Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services, affectionately named CHamBR, and located in Geneva, Switzerland. Our main objectives are to encourage bilateral relations and contribute to the development of a healthy and stimulating business environment between the two countries.
Tens of billions of dollars in investment, hundreds of companies and thousands of people have contributed to a vibrant relationship between Brazil and Switzerland over the years.
2018 marks the 200th anniversary of the beginning of Swiss colonization in Brazil, in the region of Nova Friburgo. This initial migratory flow was followed by growing diplomatic, economic and cultural ties which have led Brazil to be Switzerland’s main partner in Latin America.
Benefiting from synergies between the two cultures, large Swiss and Brazilian companies such as UBS, Credit Suisse, Nestlé,
Small and medium-sized enterprises also take part in bilateral trade, especially through the import and export of goods and the implementation of manufacturing plants and R&D departments.
In the last fifteen years, institutional relations between Brazil and Switzerland have evolved with the creation of a Joint Commission on Economic and Commercial Relations (2007), and a multiplicity of initiatives aimed at promoting bilateral trade and scientific exchange, with the opening of a Swiss Business Hub in São Paulo and one of the five global subsidiaries of Swissnex in Rio de Janeiro, underscoring the significant work carried out by SWISSCAM, based in São Paulo over the last 65 years.
We are convinced of the favorable conditions and huge potential for business development, which combine the best of both countries.
In order to leverage the attractive business environment in both countries, CHamBR will offer courses, workshops
Pedro da Silva Neves
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Pedro da Silva Neves | Chairman
Joseane Vieira Meier | Vice Chairman
Eduardo Ferreira Rebuzzi Filho | Marketing Director
João Alberto de Carvalho Junior | Financial Director
Mario Brandulas | Legal Director
Roland Bossart | Events Director
Basile Laune | Counselor
Claudiel Cavalheiro | Counselor
Eduardo Pantoja | Counselor
Joseph Marques | Counselor
Mônica Rodrigues | Counselor
Renate Bochner | Counselor
Vinicius de Carvalho | Counselor
Leonardo Meier | Financial Counselor
Magnólia Vigny | Financial Counselor